Friday, February 18, 2011

Just when things were going well

I was SO excited to really be back on track this week. I had to great outdoor runs - a tempo and an awesome interval workout. Then the stomach bug invaded my house. I might not have been working out for the later part of this week, but I've lost a nice amount of weight! HA Not what I intended.

I feel better enough to workout, but with two sick kiddos and an out of town hubby, it's not in the cards. It's days like this I really, really miss my treadmill.

My husband comes home tomorrow - I might even meet him at the door with a can of Lysol in my hand and my running shoes on my feet "tag, you're it!!"

There always seems to be a setback as a try to ramp up again. Ah well, the good news is I can still get out there on Sunday. I'll still meet my mileage goal for the week. But I wanted to get ahead and have a couple of cross training workouts under my belt.

I'm excited - there's always next week. I'm going on a girls weekend with 4 of my favorite ladies - to Lake Tahoe! Woohoo!! I cannot wait. The good news is that one of my favorite running buddies is one of the girls going! I am so looking forward to heading out for a long run in Incline Village with Alissa! It's going to be awesome - even if they don't have oxygen at that altitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment