Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fell off the wagon









Trying to get back to blogging. I started a site on Facebook with the same name as the blog - Mom and Running It. Going to try to use each of the sites to cover all of my bases. I'm not sure what I'm doing.....I just know I want to do this. Some how, talking about running and encouraging/motivating others has become like a calling to me. Hopefully this calling will eventually earn me something other than praise - though I LURVE getting the praise! Somehow there is a business opportunity in this.....I just know it.








Anyway...........training for the Savannah Marathon is underway - this is week 3 - I just completed a 4 mile tempo run this morning. 3 miles at pace - approx 8:30. The more I think about trying to run 13.1 miles that fast in Philadelphia in September, the more I feel a panic attack looming. It's just so hot, that training in this heat is bringing me down. After mondo success at the Secret City 1/2 last November, I think I'm going to save the big guns for then. Philly is still favorable for a PR, but I suspect it will be in the 1-2 minute range, not 5-7. Doesn't matter, though - every second off of a PR is a victory.








Somehow I managed to drop the ball and between procrastination, our trip to the beach coming up, and the Philly 1/2, I've missed the dates for every single triathlon this summer. The thought was to do 1-2 sprints this year to get ready for an Oly in June and a 1/2 Ironman next fall. Thinking about a 1/2 Ironman in just over a year makes me sweat kittens. Funny thing about a HiM, my husband, who has no interest in triathlons or in tattoos announced today that he had a vision of himself getting an M dot tattoo.








It will be interesting to see where to road to triathlon leads each of us in the next year or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment